Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Gardening Wishlist...

Guess what guess what??? I ordered my garden seeds yesterday!!! I know it's already the second week of March, and many people in mid-Michigan have (I'm sure) ordered their seeds a looooong time ago, but hey -- I haven't had any luck starting seeds indoors, and this year I'm not even interested in crops that require starting early! In fact, this year I don't even have any "cool-season" crops to plant! (but of course that means come Spring Break the first week of April, I'll be twiddling my thumbs...)

So I've been daydreaming... about the tools and things I would love to buy for all my gardening adventures if I had an endless amount of money to spend. This will be a great place to record my wishlist and maybe someday work on getting these things...

  • Rain barrels -- All I want are big 30-50 gallon drums placed under our downspouts. Maybe with a removable screen on top to keep out floaties and mosquitoes. Oooo check out this how-to-make-your-own I found! I want four please!!

  • Compost bin -- Ideally one of those rotating ones.

  • Pots so I can transfer herb plants from the garden to the deck (so I'll actually use them in cooking)

  • A watering can -- Can you believe I don't have one?? This would go great with the basic rain barrels...

Hmm that's all I can think of for now! What kinds of things are on YOUR gardening wishlist?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love gardening! And I'm always reading gardening catalogues and making wishlists! (My Husby got me four huge barrels, which were #1 on my wishlist, for under my downspouts. I love them!) Planting here in Edmonton, Alberta, usually takes place around the May long weekend. So we still have time. I'm so jealous that you are already planning and proactive! I always consider the ordering of seeds the epitome of hope. Someday, it'll be warm enough for these to grow . . . Thank you for sharing on NOBH!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...