"A dare to live fully, right where you are."
I've heard of the book and seen posts about One Thousand Gifts floating around the last few years. Last week at MOPS the speaker talked about living in a spirit of eucharestio -- gratitude and thankfulness -- and referenced the book. I haven't read it yet, but I'm going to start recording the gifts I'm thankful for, and see
1. A husband who has a steady teaching job.
2. A 2-year-old and a 2-month-old who sleep well.
3. The bright, bold colors of the fall.
4. Cats who cuddle with me while I nap.
5. Running water to do laundry and dishes.
6. The ability to nurse Ellie when I had such trouble with Abby.
7. A church where we can use our gifts and talents.
8. Ellie's baptism yesterday.
9. Puzzles for Abby to stretch her mind and motor skills
10. A digital camera to capture childhood.
Click here for more of my gratitude...