Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Saturday 7: August 26 - September 1

  1. I probably say this every month, but I can't believe it's [September] already! Where did August go? Oh yeah, I had a baby on the 4th... so I've been a little busy I guess. ;-)  Seriously though, July seemed to stretch out f-o-r-e-v-e-r, it was so hot and I was so pregnant, and I was so ready for summer to be over. August has been much better temperature-wise, and I've been learning how to care for both a toddler and a newborn. It really was a good month!
  2. Ellie is 4 weeks old today! Other than a couple rough nights here and there, she has been a great sleeper. Other moms, please don't hate me (and please don't ask my secret because I have no clue...) -- this past week almost every night she slept 6-8 hours in the first chunk of the night. Except the night after I wrote this post. That night she and I were up a lot and I got maybe 5 hours of total sleep...
  3. I get frustrated with baby clothes. Ellie is following the same pattern as Abby -- long overall to begin with, and mostly long-torso'ed. Gerber onesies seem super small to begin with... and this week I packed up the 0-3 month Gerber onesies and she's wearing 3-6 month. C'mon Gerber, she's just now 4 weeks old...
  4. Abby learned how to hop this week! Every so often throughout the summer we've tried teaching her how to jump and lift both feet off the ground at the same time. She couldn't seem to get it. Then one night this week during her I'm-gonna-act-all-hyper-right-before-bedtime, she started saying hop hop hop! and actually did it! And she does it on command too. So cute!
  5. We've been practicing some Love & Logic ideas on Abby. Mostly giving her lots and lots of choices. Just last night at dinner she wasn't eating, so Rocky asked her "would you like to eat this piece of meat with a fork or with your fingers?" and she responded "fingers!" and picked it up and ate it. I usually offer her a choice between 2 shirts in the morning. Anytime we offer a choice, we're perfectly ok with either of the options, but she feels like she's in control. So far it's working great. :) 
  6. Rocky starts school next week. We've had the last couple weeks to start getting used to not having him home all day everyday, tennis practice started 2 weeks ago and this past week he had both tennis events and meetings at school. Next week I'll really work on getting the girls (and myself) into a routine!
  7. Earlier this summer Rocky's dad bought a Hobie Cat sailboat/catamaran. He lives on a lake about 15 minutes from us, so we spend quite a bit of time over there during the summer (it's also the house where Rocky grew up). Rocky really likes sailing, and has gone out numerous times with his dad and sister. Last weekend he convinced me to go with him, and at first I wasn't at all interested, but once we got out on the water and I learned how to use the ropes and sails and things it was actually a lot of fun! This picture is from a really calm day a couple weeks ago, when Rocky and Rissa took Abby out:


    Have a great week!

    --------------------------------------------------------
    The Saturday 7: Post seven things that happened to you this week. Just a quick summary. Things you might not necessarily write a whole blog post about. Idea taken from Sadie's Lovin' Life with Lucy. 


4 comments:

  1. Oh Carrie, I love reading your blog. You inspire me to be a more consistent blogger, I always think "who'd want to read about my life?" but then I realize that I like reading about the updates in other peoples lives, and those tend to be my favorite blogs to read. And, I think baby clothes companies just don't know what real babies look like, and are therefore incapable of making clothes that fit. With Hannah's preemie clothes, she outgrew them lengthwise while they were still big enough around to fit two of her in, and she's in almost the same percentile for height and weight so it would make sense that clothes would fit both ways at the same time. Get it together baby clothes makers!! It would almost be inspiration to sew, but she would just outgrow those before they were made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I have the same thoughts about blogging too, who would ever want to read what I write? Then people like you leave comments like this. :)

      Delete
  2. love how you write about everything. yes you have being really busy lately. i like how you give them choices. wow and you still have tie for tennis practice girl your a supermommie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby is actually the tennis player (and he coaches high school boys in the fall). I don't think I'm supermom but thanks for your encouragement! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...