Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Women in the Word Wednesdays

You may remember one of my New Year's resolutions was to be in the Word every day. Wow, looking back it was #1 on my list. And I haven't been doing too well. As time has gone on, I've chosen to spend my mornings after Rocky leaves "relaxing" with Facebook and reading the bunch of blogs I have in my Google Reader. Well that's gonna change!! I found out about a website/blog called Good Morning Girls. I joined up with a group of ladies in Michigan who are sharing emails every couple of days, keeping each other accountable for being in the Word. GMG has provided a reading schedule of a verse a day for the next 12 weeks. So here are a few thoughts I've had from what we've read this week...

Monday 5/16: Psalm 127:1
God needs to be the builder of my home -- involved in the laying of every piece, not just the foundation, but all the other little bricks in our live too.

Tuesday 5/17: John 15:4-5
No branch can bear fruit on it's own. It has to be connected to a source. I can't serve and fully bear God's fruit for others to enjoy by myself.

Wednesday 5/18: Matthew 6:33
From my Life Application Bible notes: "...turn to God first for help, fill your thoughts with his desires, take his character for your pattern... What is really important to you? ["these things" = v. 31: what shall we eat? drink? wear?] ...Any of these can quickly become most important to you if you don't actively choose to give God first place in every area of your life." (italics and brackets mine)


Starting next week we will also be doing a book study on Sally Clarkson's The Ministry of Motherhood. (the book picture on Amazon doesn't match the actual cover of the book...) Be on the lookout for this book to be featured in the next few weeks in my Book Talk Tuesday/Thursday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...