Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Women in the Word Wednesdays: May 19-25

Thoughts on what I've read this past week...

Thursday 5/19: 2 Timothy 1:5
I can't make my parents be "Eunice's" and "Lois's", but I can become one for my own kids and grandkids.

Friday 5/20: Proverbs 6:20-22
Eventually Abby will make decisions for herself, and my words will be in her head, so how and what have I taught her? Both directly and indirectly?

Monday 5/23 (Abby's first birthday!): Psalm 127:3
Read the verse in the Message translation
heritage = "something reserved for one" "something that is reserved for a particular person or group or the outcome of an action, way of life, etc."
reward = "something given or received in return or recompense for service, merit, hardship, etc."
Abby is a gift to me from God. She was reserved specifically for me!

Tuesday 5/24: Matthew 28:19-20
Go-->make disciples-->baptize-->teach. I usually think of this verse in terms of witnessing to the world. But I can make disciples right in my own home! It's also comforting to realize I won't be doing it alone.

Wednesday 5/25: Luke 6:40
Sometimes I'm scared to think Abby could be just like me. But I can continue to learn myself, and then I can teach and train her. The Message translation puts an interesting twist on this verse: "An apprentice doesn't lecture the master. The point is to be careful who you follow as your teacher." So I need to be the kind of teacher she would want to follow...


Started reading the Introduction to The Ministry of Motherhood. Thoughts on that tomorrow (hopefully!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...