Monday, May 23, 2011

Musical Mondays: My Girl



This song actually reminds me of two separate events... The first being my freshman year of college, when Rocky and I had been dating for about 2 weeks. It was Valentine's Day, and we had a Campus Crusade meeting that night, and Rocky told me to make sure I got there early. I did. He was on the music team, and their last song before the meeting started was "My Girl." Wow was I ever in puppy love. :)

The second thing this song reminds me of is -- of course -- my Abby-girl. Today is her first birthday. One year ago right now the 3 of us were waking up in the hospital room (after not sleeping much in the past 3 hours) to a beautiful, sunshine-y, May day. In about 2-3 hours we would have our first visitors. We would take TONS of pictures. And we could not stop smiling.


I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May


Well, I guess you'll say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl...
Talkin' 'bout my girl.

I've got so much honey the bees envy me
I've got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees
Well, I guess you'll say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl...
Talkin' 'bout my girl.



I'm really at a loss for words. I can't believe it's been a year already, but then again she's done so much in the past year. I love you baby girl, and I hope we have a great day today. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...