Friday, July 13, 2012

Super simple sweet summer salad

Like the alliteration there in the title? :)

I've been craving fruit a lot this pregnancy (don't go telling me that means it's a girl [although it is] 'cause I've been craving red meat too). But as much as I love grapes or berries or even watermelon, I'll end up buying them then they'll sit in the fridge. I don't feel like chopping up the watermelon, or eating plain berries after all.

The solution I came up with a week or two ago: fruit salad. Something I could mix up quickly and make a big bowl of, and serve as a side dish on these super hot summer days, or eat as an afternoon snack. I searched online specifically for a "grape salad" recipe that used things I had on hand.

And then I decided to invent my own... (although I'm sure someone out there has made it like this before...)

And it only has 3 ingredients.

Ready?
  • 1 block cream cheese (softened)
  • 1 container Cool Whip (thawed)
  • whatever fruits you have on hand and want to throw in and use up

    Beat the cream cheese until smooth, beat in the Cool Whip, fold in your fruit. The first time I made it I used grapes, sliced bananas, and diced peaches. The second time I didn't have the peaches but had blueberries. 


IT'S THAT EASY.

And my hubby even asked for seconds. Then thirds. And my 2-year-old daughter loves it.

It's going to be another hot, dry week. Time to use up some more fruit...


1 comment:

  1. YUM! I buy certain fruits because the hubby will eat them but then he just forgets so they end up in the freezer at the last minute. This is a great summer recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...