Monday, April 11, 2011

Musical Mondays: I Surrender All

This past weekend I had the opportunity to spend 3 days and 3 nights with some amazing women from all over the US & Canada as part of a GEMS training workshop for area coordinators and leadership trainers. On Saturday night, our last night of the retreat, we took part in a "commissioning service" and ended by singing the old hymn "I Surrender All":

All to Jesus, I surrender; all to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live.
I surrender all, I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all.


All to Jesus I surrender; humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken; take me, Jesus, take me now.
I surrender all, I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all.

All to Jesus, I surrender; make me, Savior, wholly Thine;

Let me feel the Holy Spirit, truly know that Thou art mine.
I surrender all, I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all.

All to Jesus, I surrender; Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power; let Thy blessing fall on me.
I surrender all, I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all.

The weekend was filled with emotional ups and downs, as the role of leadership trainer for our area is brand new for me. I would go from being super excited about this opportunity to being filled with fear. I still am not 100% sure how I will balance everything in my life, but I know I have an amazing support group behind me in these ladies I met this weekend, as well as my own family and friends.

I know I can't do it alone -- "Fill me with Thy love and power; let Thy blessing fall on me." Please pray for me in this new adventure, that I'd have the wisdom I need to do this job well, and that I can make my God and my family priorities in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...